Weight Loss Surgery Information
Sleeve Gastrectomy Facts From Our Clinic
- Dr Hehir has performed over 230 sleeve gastrectomies.
- average weight lost is 70% of their excess weight by 1 year.
- 15% of our patients have lost 90% or more of their excess weight
- Rate of complications is low, similar to a gall bladder operation.
- Dr Hehir’s results show a lower than the national average for complications
- 25% of patients have previously had a lap band with similar outcomes
- Dr Hehir is a member of ANZMOSS (ANZ Metabolic and Obesity Surgery Society)
- All operations are tracked through the National Bariatric Registry
- 0% re-operations and 0% gastric leakage.
- 3% required a gastroscopy post surgery within 12 months
- 5% required a blood transfusion but recovered fully.
Reasons for a Sleeve Gastrectomy
- quality and longevity of life
- sleep apnoea
- bowel and breast cancer
- fertility especially polycystic ovary syndrome
- cardiac disease
- work place and social discrimination
- body image
Criteria for patient selection
- any of the above reasons
- BMI of 32 or above
- generally aged between 20 and 70 depending on individual assessment
- the operation cannot be performed in the local Public system so patients need to be financial.
- please contact us on 44235507 for a quote